Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Save the boat


I wish I could hold everything in abeyance, just stop time and hold it like a glass globe in the palm of my hand. I could be the omnipotent god staring in and I could change everything with the flick of finger.
I don't know. I'm just sick of this constant transience even though it seems like nothing ever changes. I'm sick of school and it's only been five weeks. I'm sick of all the work that has commandeered my time and is forcing me to declare war. I want to hold time in the palm of my hand and expand it so that I can devote some more minutes to the upkeep of my sanity.
Every single sentence I have just written started with "I." I feel selfish and whiny writing a blog about how tired I am, and this is the exact antipode of what I set out to write. But this is what I wrote. I can't even begin to comprehend writing anything else but what is oozing down from my brain and out of my fingers at this moment. I wish I could summon up some more brio for my first blog, but this isn't the time for it.
Maybe I'll change this later; I don't want my first blog to be this whiny.
[I hope you enjoy my metaphor in comic form. You might have to click on it because my handwriting isn't really that clear. Also, please note this is the reason why I don't plan on becoming an artist.
Disclaimer: I don't really think of school as a pirate. This was only for comedic value. I am not actually insane nor do I feel that school is directly equatable to pirates because pirates do horrible things that schools do not.]

1 comment:

  1. Haha. I love the disclaimer. Hilarious about the pirates.

    ReplyDelete