
Now that I have immersed myself in the milieu(E) of Othello and Shakespeare for my research paper, I have discovered a dissident(E) thought opposing my previously chosen topic. While I am not yet ready to eschew(E) my other topic (What are the true motives of Iago?), I would still like to know why Othello is so bereft(D) of common sense.
Iago does not seem fastidious(E), nor are his tactics overly subtle(E). For a man who has achieved much eclat(E) from his military pursuits, Othello seems unable or unwilling to ask a few expedient(E) questions of his wife, which would obliterate(E) all doubt. Instead, he would rather let his uncertainties become tortuous(D) and expansive(D) until every question, every word his wife utters is a tacit(D) admission of guilt. Because Othello is incapable of equitable(E) thought, an incongruous(E) detail when considering his career choice, he falls straight into Iago’s plot.
No comments:
Post a Comment